Yesterday I sent out an S.O.S. email about an old high school friend of mine that was having a wacky pregnancy issue. This is what she wrote:
"I don't get weird cravings and I don't have morning sickness.
But what I do have is almost worse. At least, psychologically. It is an agonizing, unexplainable, invisible ITCH between all of my fingers. I am entering my third month of itchy fingers. And it is keeping me up at night. Seriously!
I wake up nightly clawing at the skin between my fingers. At NOTHING. Cause there is nothing there! Just invisible itch.
Before you start spouting remedies, lemme tell you what I have tried:
1. plain lotion with socks on my hands to keep myself from scratching
2. Lamisil, some sort of athlete's foot cream in case it was an invisible fungus
3. Preparation H, in case it was a hemorrhoid between my fingers
4. Benedryl cream, in case it was an allergy
5. Aquaphor, in case it was just really dry skin
6. nothing, in case it was an overload of all of the above
7. I only use unscented, plain soap for hand washing
8. no finger jewelry
9. drying hands on paper towels instead of cloth towels
10. drying hands on cloth towels instead of paper towels
Do you have any suggestions? For my sanity?"
So another good friend of mine who shall remain anonymous unless she chooses to reveal her own identity wrote me back this:
"I talked to my husband and left suggestions (under comments) on your friend's blog. Please let me know if any of the ideas worked for her.
Now, can you solve my problem -- I keep getting fatter and don't know why? Things I've tried so far:
1. Sitting a lot, especially at night.
2. "Over-the-counter" treatments:
---a. Cheetos and Fritos
---b. Halloween Candy
---c. Hostess cupcakes
3. Drive-thru treatments:
---b. Taco Bell
Nothing seems to work!"
Rolling. with. laughter.
Don't miss the laziness! Subscribe to I'm a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!