The other day I posted our family pictures we had taken.
All of your comments over them were sweet and made me smile. And even though I told you not to, some of you still threw around words like "gorgeous" and "will you pose in my family pictures."
But I'm not mad.
I guess when you've got it, you've got it.
Although I was a little surprised over the fact that the only comment I did NOT receive was a comment on how tall The Lazy Dad is. And maybe that's because it was hard to tell in the pictures I chose, but believe me folks when I say he's tall.
As in 6'5" tall.
When I first looked at our family pictures I felt like I looked like one of the kids. Because I'm short.
As in 5'4" short.
So yeah, I definitely married up. Literally.
Now, there's definitely some pluses to being married to a tall guy....
- He can not only reach what's on top of the refrigerator, but he can see what's on top of the refrigerator.
- I don't have to have a step stool in the kitchen because I have him to get things down for me.
- He can dust the ceiling fans easily (although I'm pretty sure he chooses not to).
- He can change light bulbs without a ladder.
- I can't tuck in the top sheet of our bed because his feet hang off the bed.
- He makes "short" jokes often such as...
- How's the weather down there?
- I was your height once and I didn't like it so I kept growing.
- No thanks, no coffee for me, I'd hate to stunt my growth.
- He can see the top of my head and has been known to say in PUBLIC places, "Oh my, you may need to start dying your hair, you've got some gray showing."
Yup. That's how perilous getting into my shower is for me if'n I forget to point the shower head down.
But even though this daily peril does exist in my short little world, I'm glad I married up.
I guess he's worth facing near death experiences every day.