Raise your hand if you have ever eaten at Perkins before?
Those of you who did NOT raise your hand, take your hand and place it directly on your forehead HARD. Then drive directly to the nearest Perkins and thank me later.
So by now you all should know that Lazy Dad is from Wisconsin. We spent two years of our lives there when we were brand spankin' new married. It was some of the strangest years of this Texas girl's life. But that's another story for another day.
However, while living in Wisconsin we used to frequent a restaurant called Perkins. The food was always good, the bakery always smelled delish and I became a fan.
During our whirlwind of a long weekend in Wisconsin we didn't have time to squeeze in a Perkins run. But we made sure to stop at one on our way home.
Once inside, the bakery was looking mighty fine, MIGHTY fine indeed.
I was a little bit in a holiday-ish mood while we were there so I decided to order a nice Thanksgiving/Christmas meal.
Mmm, mmm. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce and a roll. It was mighty fine, MIGHTY fine indeed.
THEN, I saw this picture on the table...
OH. MY. I took one look at those Pumpkin Muffins and new I had to have one. And much to my delight, they were buy 3 muffins, get 3 free! SCORE!
So I walked out of there with a nice box of gorgeous muffins.
For the record, all of the muffins were might fine, MIGHTY fine indeed.
Seriously, they were all incredibly delicious, but the pumpkin ones were AWESOME.
If you're looking for a place to get some holiday goodies for Christmas then definitely consider Perkins Bakery. They even have pies you can pre-order.
Are you drooling yet?
Well good. That will make what I have to say to you next very inviting...
Who'd like to win a $25 gift card to Perkins, hmmmm??
Because somebody's going to win one right here on this little ol' lazy blog.
Check the locations out and find a Perkins near you or near where you may be traveling this Christmas. I was surprised to see they were in so many states (including Canada!)
Then leave a comment in the comments section of this post with any ol' comment you wish to leave. You could say Merry Christmas.... I love Perkins.... I think The Lazy Mom is gorgeous AND funny.... whatever. You decide.
U.S. and Canadian residents can leave a comment below before December 19th at 11:59pm (EST) and be entered to win!
For extra entries you can do the following, but these are totally optional and not necessary to win! (Please leave a separate comment for each thing you do or already do. Make sure they are separate comments because each comment is your entry!)
- Subscribe to I'm a Lazy Mom in a reader OR Follow I'm a Lazy Mom on Google Friend Connect (over there on the side bar) OR Email Subscribe to I'm a Lazy Mom (you'll get our posts delivered to your email inbox)
- Follow I'm a Lazy Mom on Twitter
- Follow I'm a Lazy Mom on Facebook
- Follow Perkins on Twitter and tell 'em The Lazy Mom sent ya!
- Follow Perkins on Facebook and tell 'em The Lazy Mom sent ya!
- Tweet about this giveaway using the following: The Lazy Mom is giving away a $25 gift card to Perkins! Check it out! http://tiny.cc/9qvsy @imalazymom @EatAtPerkins
- Post on facebook about this giveaway by using the following: The Lazy Mom is giving away a $25 gift card to Perkins! Check it out! http://tiny.cc/9qvsy
Thank you to Perkins for sponsoring this giveaway. I was given gift cards in exchange for my honest opinion of their Restaurant. This here be my honest opinion. The End.