Things I'm not good at:
- keeping my house clean
- keeping up on the laundry
- shaving my legs regularly
- making an awesome dinner
- counting my calories
- folding bottom fitted sheets
- basic addition and subtraction
- oh, and multiplication
You know... the things that don't really matter.
Things I am good at:
- telling my kids I love them
- hugging and kissing them
- praying for my kids (and husband)
- explaining God stuff to them
- being at their events to cheer them on (like a crazy idiot)
- stopping what I'm doing and looking them in the eye when they are talking
- apologizing when I do things wrong
- giving my kids boundaries so they feel safe and secure
You know... the stuff that really matters.
For some reason I needed to remind myself of this today. So I made my lists (and checked them twice). And even though I'm not good at a lot of things that I wish I was good at, I'm happy with the things that I am good at.