I'd say it's HIGH time for another lazy breakfast recipe 'round these parts, wouldn't you?
And what better way to say "Hello Morning!" than with a nice fluffy omelet!
Lazy mom Elizabeth sent this recipe in and it's one that Lazy Dad and I've been meaning to try ourselves. It would make a great breakfast when you're camping because you can do all the prep before you leave home. Or great for when you have overnight company because no one has to wait around for their omelet (they all cook at the same time!).
Lazy Omelets: (aka: Baggie Omelets)
Have everyone write their name on a Quart/Liter size freezer bag with a permanent marker.
1. Crack 2 eggs into the bag (no more than 2) shake to combine them.
2. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: Cheeses, Ham, Real Bacon Bits, Onions, Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Hash Browns, Salsa, Etc.
3. Each person adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes the bag to mix them well.
4. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
5. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. If you have more than 6-8 omelets you can get another pot going if you want.
6. Cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Everyone will be amazed.
Isn't that a fun recipe?! You could even get your bags ready the night before!
Thanks Elizabeth for sending it in! To learn more about what makes a recipe "lazy" and how you can submit one, click here.
Don't miss the laziness! Subscribe to I'm a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!