Wow! Look who's on top of things! I'm doing some Monday musings on an actual MONDAY! This obviously begs the question... who's awesome?!
So. Here's what I'm musing about this Monday.
1. Did you happen to notice that I didn't post a giveaway on Friday for my full-on giveaway week? That's because I didn't get that giveaway item in time. *blush*
And I was hoping you wouldn't notice.
2. On Sunday morning I got an email from Lazy Dad, who was already at church getting ready to get his preach on. The kids and I, well, let's just say we roll into church a bit later than he does.
Anyway, his email read (in it's entirety), "I believe I left my phone on the table at home. Just in case you would want to call and tell me how handsome I am...."
So I found his phone, tucked it in my purse to take to church with us, and proceeded about my morning. But I stopped cold in my tracks when I realized this was the perfect opportunity to have some fun with ol' Lazy Dad.
(My darling dears, if you learn nothing else from me– well, assuming you actually do learn something from me– please learn this... you absolutely must sieze these types of golden opportunities to mess with your husband that are just handed to you on a silver platter.)
So I pulled my phone out and texted him, "You're so handsome."
Then I texted him, "Uh, HELLO? I said you were handsome!"
Then I texted him, "*humph* Alright then, I take it back!"
All for him to find later when I gave him his phone.
3. Recently I went out to lunch with some girl friends of mine. One of my friends (okay, okay, it was Carrie) had ordered a soda with her meal, while I had ordered water. (You know, cause she's married to a doctor and I'm married to a pastor. *ahem*)
Carrie decided she was done with her soda, and seeing that we were getting ready to leave, I asked our waitress if she would mind letting me get her drink in a to-go cup. And because she was a totally awesome waitress, and clearly saw that I was a poor pastor's wife that couldn't afford to order a soda with her meal, and my friend was clearly a doctor's wife who could, she said, "sure thing!"
A little while later, she plops down a kiddie to-go cup of soda in front of me with a sticker on it that read, "Oh hey drink stealer! You're looking good today!"
This totally made us bust out laughing for two reasons. A) because it was in a kiddie cup and B) because she had put a cute sticker on one of our leftovers earlier and when we told her how cute that was, she asked if the rest of us wanted a sticker, to which I said, "Yes! I want a sticker that says I'm the most gorgeous woman you've ever waited on!"
So I got my sticker. And my kiddie to-go cup.
4. Two Saturday's ago, we took our kids to see the Phineas and Ferb LIVE! show.
I may or may not have bounced up and down in my seat and clapped my hands excitedly when I saw Dr. Doofenshmirtz appear on stage.
I may or may not have also received a text from a friend who was also there in another section that said, "You totally remind me of Candace."
And in case you aren't familiar with Candace on Phineas and Ferb, she's the bratty older sister who's always trying to bust her brothers and is a stereotypical teenage girl who's mother thinks she is going insane due to her repeatedly failed attempts to bust them.
Remind me to unfriend that friend on Facebook.
5. Hmmm... I guess that's all I'm musing about today. What are you musing about?
Like these types of posts? Here's some more like it.
Don't miss the laziness! Subscribe to I'm a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!