Yesterday I wasn't able to put up a post here on my blog because I was busy doing the things a Pastor's wife does.
You know, the typical stuff like... counseling, praying for people, listening, offering Biblical advice.
But besides the occasional hospital visit, or delivering of a meal, what else does a Pastor's wife do?
Well! I'm so glad you asked!
1. She teaches the preschool class. Sometimes in a moments notice.
2. She listens to her husband preach. A lot. *wink*
3. She hosts dinners at church.
4. Hosts parties at her house.
That are incredibly entertaining and never ever put anyone to sleep ever.
5. She folds church bulletins.
6. Decorates (and undecorates) the church... although this Christmas I got out of both! *high five* er, uh... I mean *sad face.*
7. Attends staff meetings.
8. Does a stellar, Oscar-nominating performance in the Christmas Eve service.
9. Helps out with "Sunday Funday" whenever there's a fifth Sunday in a month.
10. Cleans the church when necessary.
11. Entertains the worship leader with paper airplanes and nerf gun wars. (Okay, okay... the Pastor's wife's KIDS do that.)
12. All while his wife, lovingly tucked-in by my daughter, sleeps on the couch. *smile*
13. This Pastor's wife, like, totally rocks the announcements on Sunday mornings. Like, for real.
14. She helps pass out food to those in need.
15. Watches her husband prepare sermons week after week (except for when he makes *HER* preach).
16. Attends yearly planning sessions with the church board and staff.
17. Takes her son to drum lessons.
18. Attends and/or leads prayer meetings.
19. Participates in countless church services.
21. Messes up being a mom sometimes and has to ask for forgiveness.
22. Buys coffee cups at a moments notice. Or whenever her husband frantically says, "Quick! Go buy coffee cups! We're out!!"
Oh, and a host of other things I didn't think to take a picture of in the last month!
Well, at least that's what THIS Pastor's wife does... but I tend to not be your typical Pastor's wife. Which I'm sure just shocks all of you immensely, right?
Um, I said, right?
Don't miss the laziness! Subscribe to I'm a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!