Normally my family (meaning my mom & dad, sister, brother & respective families) draw names for Christmas gifting, but this year we’ve decided we’re going to give each other a family gift for each family to enjoy together.
I seriously love the idea of a family gift, so I am super excited about this! However, I went in search of family gift ideas online and really came up with very little. SooOOooOO… I put on my thinking cap and I thunk and I thunk (and I asked a few friends for ideas) and I wanted to share with you what we came with in case you too are in need of a great family gift idea!
2. A gift certificate to a mini golf outing!
3. A Christmas “care package!” The sky is the limit on this gift idea! Here’s a bunch of ideas we came up with:
- a family movie night package
- a family game night package
- if you live in a different state or city than the rest of your family, how about a “Taste of Toledo” (fill in your city) or “Taste of Ohio” (fill in your state) package!
- a family date night package
- a family s’mores night package
- a family soup night package
- if you live somewhere warm and you’re sending a family gift to somewhere cold, send a package of sunshine! (or vice versa if you live somewhere cold!) I found this cute idea on Pinterest!
4. A family magazine subscription.
5. A specialty kitchen item that makes them a fun treat, like a cake pop maker, a mini doughnut maker, or an ice cream maker.
6. A homemade gift geared for the whole family, like this scrabble tile family picture frame:
7. A Netflix or Hulu subscription for a year.
8. A good old fashion puzzle or board game.
9. A slideshow of old family pictures set to Christmas music.
10. Make a family silhouette using each member of the receiving family! (Maybe even the dog?)
So there’s a few ideas that I hope will get your family christmas gift giving ideas flowing!
Please leave a comment below if you thought of one that should be added to my list!
Happy Gift Giving,
The Lazy Mom