1. That Lazy Dad, he really knows how to bring home the bacon.
He knows how to bring it home and pack it up and freeze it. Mm, what a man!
2. Oo! The other day I found this adorable small measuring cup that has like four different types of measurements on it!
HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME THIS EXISTED IN LIFE?! Do you know how many teaspoons and tablespoons I have on the loose, laying God only knows where around my kitchen? Cause I can never find them. ESPECIALLY when I need them. So I’m SUPER excited to have found this little cutie.
However, my bubble burst a little when I realized it starts at THREE teaspoons instead of one. NOOOOOOOO!
3. I saw this shirt the other day and had to take a picture of it to show all of you. It seemed most blog appropriate.
I can relate to Garfield on so many
4. This weekend we went to a preseason Toledo Walleye hockey game. Lazy Dad and his friend A.J. got chosen to play a game of “musical bean bags” out on the ice between periods.
Even though A.J. is nursing a hurt ankle, he ended up winning! And actually, Lazy Dad is nursing a hurt knee, so they were quite the pair to be chosen! Two invalids navigating slippery conditions to throw themselves on bean bags when the music stops. Good times.
Earlier that evening A.J.’s 7 year old daughter noticed the brace Lazy Dad’s wearing on his knee and asked him what was wrong with it. Unbeknownst to me he said to the wide-eyed little girl, “Stacey hits me.”
After the game is over and we are almost back home, I get a phone call from A.J. “I have to tell you something so funny!” he says. “I mentioned to my wife on the way home that I probably shouldn’t have been out there on the ice because of my hurt ankle. And she said, well I saw Pastor (Lazy Dad) was wearing a knee brace, did he say what’s wrong? And from the back seat we hear very seriously, ‘Mom, Stacey hits him.'”
And while that was very funny, I’m glaring at Lazy Dad from the passenger seat, because incidentally, this is the SAME family that was given the half eaten chicken.
Lord have mercy.
Needless to say I lectured Lazy Dad on the ways of NOT telling impressionable 7 year old girls, that are new to our church, that he gets hit by his wife.
5. Speaking of lecturing Lazy Dad, we’re having serious marriage issues. Very serious.
I don’t know what’s going on exactly, but I wake up in the middle of the night with only our comforter on and then I look over at Lazy Dad and he has only the sheet. Never mind that we have a quilt on the bed as well, but who knows where that goes? Sucked into some blanket abyss I guess.
Pray for us. It’s a trying time.
6. And now, I leave you with this.
The Lazy Mom