1. I got a cute email not too long ago. From lazy mom Kimberly. It was NOT a confession, it was a “testimonial” of the benefits of being a lazy mom.
I’d be remiss if’n I didn’t share it with you all.
My 14 yr old & I were eating lunch & he mentioned how he’d go to the store for me since I have a headache. I told him something about feeling bad that the headaches keep me from doing the mom/housewife stuff I should do. He said I do a super job and I homeschool 3 kids, too. I said “But I don’t even do that anymore much. You guys do a good job by yourself. You even cook your meals.” Ki said, “But you are the one that taught us to be independent. In fact, you did such a good job teaching us to cook and do our own work- just think of it as Early Retirement!”
SO.. The benefit of being a Lazy Mom is… EARLY RETIREMENT!
I love it!
2. I posted a funny video on my facebook and twitter the other day. One of my favorite laugh out loud moments from the TV show Home Improvement. (Especially the END!)
3. This Friday’s Lazy Mom Radio Show is all about confessions! Confessing our lazy mom moments. You know, those moments all moms have when they take a “short cut” in parenting? Yeah, that. Here’s one to wet your whistle.
I have a confession…or maybe just a brilliant idea? My 3 yr old has a severe baby-wipe addiction. He loves the way they smell, the way they feel, the whole baby-wipe experience. I’ve told him he can only have them if he cleans with them. My refrigerator, freezer and all my light switches are now sparkly clean thanks to his love of baby wipes. Lil’ Man also loves the broom….which can be dangerous with a little person swinging it around the kitchen. I got him his own wisk broom and little dust pan and now send him under the table to sweep crumbs, dry Play-Doh, whatever. Just please, don’t ever mention child-labor laws to him! ~ J.D.’s Proud MaMaw
And now that your whistle is wetted, I need YOU to send in your Lazy Mom Confessions, too. Or if you are REALLY brave… call in to the show and share it live!
4. Tis the season for S’mores. Well at least ’round these parts. Now that it’s getting cold again (boooo!) we like to light up our backyard fire when we have people over and make S’mores around it. But how about THIS Lazy Mom Recipe for S’mores sent in by lazy mom Kellie.
8 rectangular grahm crackers
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Break each graham cracker into 4 pieces. Pile pieces in ungreased pie pan. DO NOT USE GLASS. Top with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Broil 6 inches from heat for 30 to 60 seconds or until marshmallows are puffed and golden, watching to prevent burning.
Uh, YUM. Here’s what Kellie had to say about her recipe…
I must confess, that I totally snaked this particular recipe from the BettyCrocker.com website because it had a nice picture, but my family and I love making these as a dessert on Taco night at our house. We have used several different kinds of chocolate-like substances (semi-sweet chips, broken up chocolate bars, etc) and you really can’t mess this up. When you use a disposable pie pan like this, it makes clean up a breeze, too. However, cleaning the children proves to be a bit more difficult. 🙂
5. I’m going to get a massage in about 30 minutes. Lazy Dad bought one for me off of Groupon this Spring and I’m just now getting around to using it. I’m super excited about it. I LOOOOOVE massages.
6. Yikes! I only have 30 minutes! See you lazy peeps tomorrow!
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!