1. We had staff meeting at our house on Sunday night. Here’s what was for dinner:
I think I’ve mentioned before how much fun the staff at our church has together, but in case you forgot, I thought I’d remind you again. *smile*
2. Speaking of church staff! *snicker* Tuesday night I got a phone call from one of our Associate Pastors. She was almost hysterical as she told me that she had bought two rotisserie chickens, one she planned to take to a new family in our church that had a new baby, and the other she and her husband ate half of for their own dinner that night. The next day she packed up the whole chicken and dropped it off to the family.
That night she went to the fridge to heat up the other half of the chicken they had and instead she found a whole chicken there. Confused, she thought, “Hmm… maybe the Lord multiplied my dinner?…. Or else….” then it dawned on her that she gave the half eaten chicken to the family with the new baby instead of the whole one!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I laughed so hard I cried!
Cause nothing says, “Welcome to our church, and we’re so happy you have a new baby,” quite like a half eaten chicken does. Right?
The husband of the family who received the half eaten chicken has now taken up a new saying… “Shoot, that’s better than a half eaten chicken on a Tuesday night!”
HA! She’s never gonna live that one down! (Love you Ila Mae!)
3. Speaking of the new baby in our church….
He’s just a wittle, witty, wumpkin and I wuv him!
Plus, he took the news of the half eaten chicken just fine.
4. Last weekend we went to a farm and picked apples for the Toledo Food Bank.
The farm had “reachers” for adults to use in order to pick the apples at the top of the tree, but I laughed and tapped Lazy Dad on the chest and said, “I brought my own reacher!” (I married up, remember?)
See? He didn’t even need it!
5. Also last weekend, we unloaded our camper (because we are selling it). Lazy Dad isn’t very… um… thorough, let’s say, when it comes to putting things away.
I’ll give you all one guess what this tent looks like on the INSIDE of the window in the middle of the night when one stumbles into the kitchen half awake to get some water.
Incidentally, I’m only able to write this blog post after surviving a heart attack.
6. The other night I declared it “leftover night” at my house for dinner. In college we called it “buffet night.”
Hey… still better than a half eaten chicken!
Oh, man! I can’t stop!!
7. We interrupt this compelling blog post for some BREAKING NEWS! We finally found a good use for Spam®!
8. And now, I leave you with this:
Butt Roasts, Half Eaten Chickens, and Spam For All,
The Lazy Mom