1. The stomach bug plague of 2012 has hit our home. I’m sad to say that it’s too late for us… save yourselves!!!
2. Because of this lovely stomach bug, I missed the opportunity to go to our state Network Conference with Lazy Dad. I’m terribly upset about it, but he isn’t……… things that make you go “hmmm.”
3. In the midst of our stomach bug epidemic, did I show you what one of my kids did the other day?
It was a special moment in parenting for me.
4. I did cheer myself up a little though by my purchases at a fun little shop called “Pleasantries.” Check out my finds….
I’m in LOVE with the vintage license plates. I scored a Texas, Wisconsin and Ohio one. And I’ve got Sue, the owner of Pleasantries, working on finding me a Florida one so I have one from every state we’ve lived in. They are decorating my family room even as we speak. I wuv them.
5. Before the stomach bug plague hit, I hosted a fun ladies night at our church. We declared it game night and busted out some board games, group games and card games. The group game we played was SO. STINKIN’. FUN. I highly recommend it. It’s sort of Pictionary meets telephone. You can find out how to play on our super fun children’s director’s blog.
6. Did I show you the bike I want? I saw it when we were in Georgia at a park. You couldrent them and I was standing there drooling over it. Dare I call it my “dream bike?”
And while you stop laughing, let me remind you that I am NOT 80 years old. I just like to be comfy when I ride a bike. And have a place to store things. SO THERE.
7. While we’ve been sick with the plague, we’ve done a lot of movie watching. The other night I whipped out the best movie of ALL TIME to watch with the kids.
Seriously. It’s the best movie ever… it has drama, love, hilarious humor, action, revenge… if a movie can be “the whole package,” this movie is. The Princess Bride never gets old.
8. Yesterday while plague victim number 3 was recovering from his night of stomach bug terror, I tried snapping a picture of us together. Much to my dismay any way I held my head resulted in me having a triple chin. We laughed and laughed at my triple chin. But we did find one way for me not to have it in the picture… to stick my head out like an idiot.
Laying down pictures are so unflattering. Unless your a cute 10 year old recovering from a stomach bug plague.
So. That’s what’s going on ’round here. What’s new with you?
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!