1. Last week you didn’t hear from me because I was at Family Camp at Heartland.
I apologize that I didn’t tell you ahead of time that I’d be gone for a whole week. And I hope this hasn’t strained our relationship too much.
2. While at Family Camp, there was a concert from Shane and Shane.
Do you know Shane and Shane? They’re two Texas boys that KILL it. Um, well, they don’t really kill anything, other than every single song they sing.
My favorite song of theirs is Worthy of Affection. But…um… they didn’t sing it. *sniff*
But don’t worry! I got in TONS of prayer time praying to God that they would sing my favorite song that night. Apparently Shane and Shane just weren’t listening to God. Sooooo…… well, this is awkward.
3. I had to run down to the laundromat whilst at Family Camp. They play 90’s country music. You know, back from my country music days in Texas?
I totally nailed Reba and Vince’s duet “The Heart Won’t Lie” for all’s listening pleasure.
4. Lately my daughter has been doing Science experiments around the house.
Remind me to hide that book better.
5. Speaking of my daughter, did I ever show you the Mother’s Day card she made me?
What? I never said rhyming was a talent of hers.
6. ALSO speaking of my daugther, the evidence that she is my child is extremely strong.
7. I preached the Sunday before we left for Family Camp. Don’t I look all professional and stuff?
I preached out of my daughter’s Veggie Tales Bible and told everyone that I was using it that morning.
Then she informed me after church that it was, in fact, NOT her Veggie Tales Bible, it’s her Adventure Bible that has Veggie Tales tabs in it.
So I basically lied to the whole church.
Needless to say, Lazy Dad preached the following Sunday.
And I owe Shane and Shane an apology.
8. This is my 10 year old son.
He didn’t feel good, but Lazy Dad was holding us against our will at a movie night at the park our church helps put on every month in the summer.
I totally had to snag this picture because he’s 10 and he might not put his head on my shoulder in public much longer.
And I needed evidence that we were held captive against our wills.
Over and Out,
The Lazy Mom
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!