1. I just HAVE to show y’all the fun video we made for our Fall sermon series at our church. It stars Lazy Dad and our Children’s Director, Jenny. I helped write it and I was the director and producer.
Basically I got to tell Lazy Dad what to do without any repercussions.
2. This weekend we got paid the highest compliment a pastor and his wife can be paid. We said goodbye to one of our staff members as they headed off to a new position in ministry (all good stuff), but not before they told us we were the most fun pastor’s they had ever had.
I high-fived Lazy Dad and said, “Yes! We’ve made an impact! Not a spiritual one… but a fun one! We rock!”
3. Yesterday my daughter and I stopped off at a local grocery store. This display outside made me realize Fall was really upon us!
Which means that any day now I’ll be breaking out my beloved electric blanket.
4. On Saturday I posted a status update that read, “I teeter vicariously between being a recluse and posting my life online for all to see (awkwardly embarrassing vlogs and all). Just FYI.”
On Twitter I got a message back from my friend who told me that I remind her of Candace on Phineas and Ferb, yeah, that friend, pointing out the fact that I meant to say PRECARIOUSLY, not vicariously.
5. Saturday night, while Lazy Dad was acting like a crazy person at Toledo Rockets football game, Jenny, who stars in the video in musing number 1, came over. She was determined to get me to like the TV show Dr. Who. And although I enjoyed the two episodes she showed me, I’m afraid I’m not applying for my Whovian status just yet.
So then I made her sign up for a Twitter account (you can follow her here!) and watch an episode of DC Cupcakes. A show I recently discovered since we have a free trial of Netflix. Who knew a show about cupcakes could be so entertaining?
Then we finished the night off with an old movie (we both like old movies) called “How To Steal a Million,” starring Audrey Hepburn and Peter O’Toole. She ended up leaving my house at 12:30am.
Then we both had the worst time trying to wake up for church the next morning.
Fun was had by all.
6. Speaking of church (again) if any of you heard news reports about an extremely wrinkled clothed pastor’s wife in Toledo Ohio yesterday, don’t worry. That was just me.
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!