In an effort to catch you up on on all the latest Lazy Mom news, here’s the last three weeks of my life in list form….. (Oh, come on! You know you all love it when I make lists!)
1. While in Chicago, I had my first blowout.
Not THAT kind of blowout, the hair kind! Um, it was a bit awkward at times.
Especially when I didn’t realize there were different styles of blowouts and the hairdresser asked me what I wanted done.
“Well, I’m here with the party that’s getting a blowout,” I said. Thinking that maybe she just wasn’t understanding I was with that group.
“Yes, I know, but what kind of blowout would you like?”
“Um, just a… uh… blowout?”
“But there’s different kinds of blowouts, so which one would you like?”
“Oh! There’s different KINDS of blowouts? I just thought a blowout was a style all by itself!”
Yup, that wasn’t embarrassing at all.
2. While walking through the exhibit hall at the blogging conference I was at in Chicago, I came across the White Cloud booth where they were doing video interviews about one of their products.
They sat me down on a couch, handed me a roll of toilet paper and then asked me a bunch of questions about it.
After some preliminary questions about how I would describe the toilet paper in my hands, and me starting to ham it up a little (I can’t help it if there’s a camera present!), they asked me, “So, what would you tell your blog readers about this toilet paper?”
“Well, I couldn’t tell my readers about this toilet paper at all, unless I had already used it. So, uh, do you have a bathroom handy?”
Needless to say, I was probably NOT the person to sit down on the couch and plop a toilet paper roll in their hands.
3. After Chicago, we had family vacation scheduled. So we unpacked, washed, repacked and then drove that looooong drive from Toledo to Orlando to hang out with my family for a week.
Lazy Dad and I celebrated our anniversary while we were down there and we decided to celebrate it medieval style….
We had never been to Medieval Times, so we were pretty excited! Have you ever been?
I was surprised to learn that there was a whole medieval village you could walk through before the show at this Orlando location, that was pretty cool.
And I was SUPER pleased to see how family-friendly the show was! From the costumes, to the story line, to the way they seemed to always pick a child to give the flowers to when your knight won a round, it was very clean and family oriented.
If you’ve never been to the one in Orlando, be sure and like their Facebook page! You might find a good deal or two on there if you take a future visit to the area!
4. While in Orlando, we also visited Universal Studios again. We had one mission in mind for our time there… the new Transformers 3-D ride!
The verdict? It was fantastic! Seriously, I can’t do a lot of rides (they make me sick), but this one is a definite must-do! Plus, it was totally awesome to meet Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron (even if I was too intimidated to get in the picture!).
5. At Universal, Lazy Dad was chosen out of the crowd to be in the “Disaster” ride.
I know, I know…. He gets chosen for EVERY show we EVER go to EVER.
6. AND he met Doc Brown.
7. Ohmygosh! Guess what a certain restaurant in Orlando serves for their ice cream when you order dessert?!
A BABY BLUE BELL with a WOODEN SPOON!!! Just like from my childhood days!
I’m not gonna lie, I may have teared up a little over that.
8. Thanks to my brother we were also able to do a few days at Disney World on our family vacay (he works there seasonally!).
This picture may quite possibly be my all-time favorite picture now.
I made it my screen saver.
9. Now I know this will all shock you, but Lazy Dad was chosen to be a knight in Enchanted Tales with Belle in New Fantasyland.
He just can’t NOT be picked for a show!
10. And just when my neighbors thought we had abandoned our house being gone so long, we had a whole other week in Orlando for the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
General Council is the national conference for the Assemblies denomination. I had never been to General Council before, and it was ENORMOUS! 25,000+ registered attendees! Good gravy!!!
But we had lots of fun catching up with old friends, playing in the exhibit hall…
…and yes, I even got to do another video interview at this conference!
This time it was questions about curriculum and small groups. I totally nailed it. Especially when they asked me what I would say to a woman’s small group leader….
“I think it’s very important that a small group leader be very real with those in her group. Nothing turns me off faster than someone who acts like they have it all together, so be real with each other. Be real to the point where Jesus said, if someone slaps you on one cheek, slap them on the other…. (realizing what I said wrong)… you know, just… slap each other. Just be so real you get up in each others faces and slap, slap, slap!”
Yup. NAILED IT.
11. What have you been up to this summer?
The Lazy Mom
Disclosure: Medieval Times and Universal Orlando Resort provided my family with free passes in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own.
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram!