1. This weekend Lazy Dad made a dessert recipe that was SO bad for you, I totally regretted all of my “quality control” testing… that, uh, got a little out of hand….
I started with just a small little sliver in the corner, but it soon turned into this:
I’m sure none of you have ever done that ever.
2. Look what I found on eBay yesterday… my old Holly Hobby Kitchen!!!
Well, this isn’t exactly MY old Holly Hobby Kitchen, but mine looked just like this. I confirmed it with my mother who said it took my dad and her three nights to put the thing together for my sister and I. Such love! 🙂
3. Over the weekend we had a get-together with our church staff and board. The host and hostess pulled out some old games for us all to play, and everyone loved this game. Have you ever seen it?
It’s called Skittles. Basically you spin a top and watch it as it knocks down as many “skittles” (pins) as it spins around the different chambers. Each pin has a point value and the further back it goes, the higher the amount.
Anyway, we were all mesmerized by this game. Adults and kids alike! And now I want one for Christmas.
Hey! Maybe we should just do all old school games for Christmas? That might be a fun theme to do one year!
4. Lazy Dad and I watched Avengers Sunday night. We try to stay hip and current with these types of things.
It was a good movie, but the best part about it was all the witty lines. So many great ones (as we had heard over and over about)!
But by far, my favorite part of the WHOLE movie was this scene right here:
I cried with laugther.
I mean, what else do a bunch of exhausted super hero’s do after they save the world from certain annihilation?
Get something to eat of course!
Brilliance. Utter hilarious brilliance.
I think I want a poster of this scene on my wall.
5. We had a Family Fun Night at our church on Friday. We played lots of “Minute to Win It” type games.
People were spinning (and falling), fighting Ninjas with pencils, running around tables, and diving for balloons.
Fun and humiliation were had by all.
6. I feel the need to confess that I’m only slightly addicted to the McDonald’s Monopoly Game this year.
I have years that I’m really into it and years that I’m not at all. This is one of those “really into it” years.
And my kids are kinda into it as well.
That’s what’s new with me. What’s new with you?
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!