1. I finally got Christmas taken down.
And by “I,” I mean “we.”
And by “we,” I mean “they.”
But I did help take the lights off the tree, carry the tree out and sweep up all the needles! I promise!
2. Our back slider door broke this summer. Ever since then we’ve been living with a back slider door that’s broken. *ahem*
Until last week that is… Lazy Dad ripped it right out leaving a gaping whole in the side of our house.
But don’t worry. He promptly put in new french doors that we found on clearance.
Notice the snow in the background of that picture.
What? You don’t do home improvement projects in the middle of winter?
3. While Lazy Dad put in the new french doors, I took several pictures of the process and posted it on my personal Facebook page.
This one I entitled, “still working!”
Which prompted a friend to respond with, “Well, since Lazy Dad has the door done, maybe now you can take pics of him taking down the Christmas tree too.”
4. As a total bonus though, I now have FRENCH doors. Ze doors, zey are French, no?
5. Last week my son built the Leaning Tower of Pisa out of hot chocolate kcups.
I wish I had enough hot chocolate to share with all of you, but gosh, I just don’t.
6. Lazy Dad has gotten into a bad habit lately. And it’s not doing home improvement jobs in winter. Nope, it’s a serious problem. A problem with him looking at magazines full of chicks.
We may need serious counseling.
Especially after I rolled over in bed on Saturday morning and awoke to this:
I definitely need counseling now.
7. This weekend I must have caught that flu bug going around. Although the only symptom I had that was out of the ordinary was this:
That’s right people, I cleaned out our pantry. It totally needed it after all those blessed little holidays we celebrated.
But then I also cleaned out my silverware drawer, my spice cabinet, and my cupboards.
It clearly was a serious flu bug.
8. I haven’t bought myself a new wallet since my oldest son was a baby. Which would mean around 10 years I’ve been living with the same wallet.
But recently the zipper broke on it. And seeing as how we waited, gosh, MONTHS to get a new back door, I decided I was not going to copy that trait with my wallet.
I went to my go-to store, Wal-Mart, and could not find a wallet that suited me. I then went to Payless, my second go-to store for items of this nature, and again, came up empty.
At this point Lazy Dad was confused… “Why don’t you just buy a wallet, already?”
To which I explained to him… “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Buying a wallet is a very big commitment! You can’t just go buy any old wallet, it’s got to be exactly what you’re looking for with all the right compartments!”
(girls, back me up on this.)
I then went to Fashion Bug (mainly because they are closing and I thought I could score a good deal), but they only had fabric wallets, which left me feeling “blah.”
Then I went to TJ Maxx. Everything was surprisingly too pricey.
Then another Payless to see if they had something different. Nada.
I was beginning to think the search for a new wallet was going to take as long as it did for us to put in a new back door, but on a whim I decided to pull into Kohl’s.
At first nothing was calling my name and the prices were more than I was willing to spend. (HELLO, my first stop was WAL-MART, people.) But I walked around the corner and saw a clearance area. Surely, SURELY the heavens were smiling down on me and I could find a wallet in the big pile of a mess of bags, slippers and other miscellaneous items thrown into the bins.
And low and behold *cue angels singing* I did.
Not only was she cute, she had ALL the right compartments in ALL the right places, AND even though she was regularly $49.00 (OMG! For a wallet?!) I scored her for $7.85.
And that, my dear lazy people, is how you find a new wallet.
9. Wow. Did I really just write that much about shopping for a new wallet?
10. Would you like to now see my family in hair nets?
11. You have to wear hair nets to tour the Spangler Candy Company. They make dum-dums, candy canes, circus peanuts and back in the day they made these.
Please tell me you remember Astro Pops?
I used to get them at the ball park growing up and seeing them again brought back many nostalgic memories of ball games and hot summers. *sigh*
12. Speaking of nostalgia, I borrowed a few movies from the library this weekend. Who grew up watching these?
Anyone?… Anyone?… Bueller?
13. I now leave you with this.
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!