It’s Monday and I’m musing. Texas style.
These big beauties live down the road from my brother’s house.
Thankfully not in the “down wind” direction.
2. Have I introduced you to my nephew, yet?
My nephew the woopie cushion.
3. This may or may not be my child.
Okay, okay. It IS my child. I can tell because she’s practically perfect in every way. Sprinkled with just a bit of dramatic.
4. Speaking of practically perfect in every way sprinkled with dramatic….
5. I took my daughter and nieces out to my parent’s old house where I grew up yesterday. (I’ll post more about that another day.) On our country drive I was hoping the pasture in front of my parent’s old house would have hay bales in it so we could take some dramatic pictures.
You know, dramatic pictures of us next to hay bales?
Anyway, the pasture was empty, so we went on down the country road and then SUCCESS!
I’d like to thank the kind man who said we could take pictures with his hay bales.
After he looked at us funny.
6. These are some more of “the cousins.”
They all may also be related to me as well.
7. While I spent a couple of nights at my brother’s house sleeping in my niece’s room, I may or may not have read her Texas History textbook.
*pushes up nerd glasses*
8. I’d like to tell you a fun fact about this mural in the Nacogdoches Convention & Visitors Bureau downtown.
This beautiful mural was done by Brent Hale, a friend of my Uncle’s. Not the Uncle that’s married to my British Auntie. And also not the Uncle that’s married to my sugar cookie teaching, famous dressing maker Aunt. This is a new Uncle.
Well, new to YOU.
Anyway, this family friend had my Uncle pose for this mural. He’s this guy in the mural:
Isn’t that a fun fact?
9. This is really how Texans see the United States:
10. Does this dress make me look fat?
11. I love that in Texas you can get a grab n’ go bag of tamales (next to the grab n’ go rotisserie chickens) in grocery stores.
12. Anybody need a hundred?
13. And now I wish you all this wish…
Over and out.
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!
Or follow along with the fun on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!