1. My scale broke this week. No really! It flat-out fritzed out on me. Every time I stood on it it wouldn’t really land on a number and instead would go down ten pounds each time. Yup. Each time I stepped on it, it would be another ten pounds down. So naturally, I stepped on it over and over and over… until I weighed 52 pounds.
So be sure and tell everyone that I weigh 52 pounds, mkay?
2. Do you think I’ll show up in The Inquirer as the fattest 52 pound woman ever seen?
3. That would be awesome.
4. Last night and today my family from Texas inundated me with pictures of a random snowfall they received overnight. I was getting play-by-play reports of their storm.
6:22pm: My dad texts, “Just started snowing at Lease!” (his deer lease, in case you were wondering.)
7:00pm: My mom texts, “It’s snowing at my house!!!!!”
7:02pm: My dad texts, “Accumulating!”
7:06pm: I receive a picture of the falling snow from my mother.
8:48pm: I receive another picture of “accumulation.”
This was all very exciting to them and I remember how exciting it was to get snow growing up in East Texas. I think it happened maybe twice in the first 20 years of my life, and you never know when it will happen again. And while they did end up getting around an inch of snow in Nacogdoches and Lufkin, this picture on Facebook today totally cracked me up:
5. We’ve been busy ’round these parts lately because we launched a new church. As we “parent” this new church in the NW Ohio area, we will have two locations to run services and oversee under the covering of our church name. It’s all very exciting and scary and thrilling and nerve racking. You know, like the same feelings as parenting a new baby? Yeah, that.
In fact, when our state Church Multiplication Network Director showed up to our dedication service (again, just like you dedicate a new baby), I summed up my nervousness with these words, “You know how you feel when you go to sign a mortgage on a new house and you see how much you will REALLY be paying for it over the next thirty years, and you think to yourself, ‘what on earth are we doing?’ I kind of feel like that.” “Oh, yes… buyer’s remorse,” he said. “Yup, pretty much.”
Aren’t I a woman of great faith and fearlessness?
I thought so too.
6. When my parents came for Christmas, my mom brought me three very special mixing bowls that belonged to my grandmother. She’s the grandmother that I’m named after and my daughter also has her name. She died two weeks before I was born, so I never got to meet her. Anything of hers is pretty special to me for these reasons, so I was thrilled to get these cute 70’s mixing bowls:
Aren’t they fun?
7. I went to the painting party thingy that I mentioned in my Blank Canvas blog post! And while it was a fun night out with my homegirls learning how to paint a picture together, I can now confidently say… I know another thing I’m not good at!
8. Over and out.
9. The Lazy Mom.
(What have you been doing? Leave me a comment!)