It has officially been four weeks since I started the Slim-Fast 321 Plan so I figure it’s time for an update on my progress.
Am I still on the program?
Have I lost weight?
How have I managed to stay so gorgeous since youth?
All these questions begged to be answered. Some more than others.
Yes, I’m still on the program and I guess good genes have kept me gorgeous since my youth. But I imagine the question you are all wondering about the MOST is how much weight have I lost. Right?
Well in four weeks time I have lost….
Woohoo! I’m very happy with this. And would love to share with you some tips I’ve learned along the way.
As you know, Slim-Fast is not a long-term diet or way of life. It is mainly a way to slim down for an event or to help you reach your goal. That’s a good thing to keep in mind when you start the Slim-Fast 321 plan because I’ve found it helps you stay on track and focus on your goal. My goal? 30 pounds. And I’m not stopping till I get there!
But here are some more tips and tidbits I’ve learned over the past four weeks:
- Savor each sip and bite! The first few days (and for some, weeks) on Slim-Fast are the hardest. Just like with any diet you go on. At first it’s easy to feel deprived or like you aren’t eating enough to satisfy you. The way I got through this was to take teeny tiny sips or bites of what I was having at the moment. It made the meal last longer and in the end I felt more satisfied.
- Drink lots of water! My first week I was not drinking enough water and I quickly learned you have to really up your water to see the weight come off. I know people say water helps you feel full, but that has never been the case for me. But if that’s a by-product for you, then work it, girl, work it!
- Chew gum! My second week of being on the 321 plan Lazy Dad and I were at the grocery store and I maybe sorta-kinda went a little bit crazy buying gum that tasted like food. Strawberry Shortcake gum, Orange Creme pop gum, and even Apple Pie gum! I even bought some breath mints that tasted like fruit. This gives me something with very minimal calories to pop in my mouth to get me between meals and snacks.
- Change things up! After four weeks on the plan I’m getting a little bit “bored” with my options. To change things up a bit I’ve bought a container of the Slim-Fast powder and am blending it up with milk in my blender. This makes it a bit frothy and I likey. I’ve also heard that you can put the Slim-Fast shakes in the freezer for a bit and turn it into a slushy drink. I haven’t tried this yet, but that’s a great way to change things up as well!
- Set your alarm! If you’re like me, you can get carried away with your day and before you know it, you’re totally way beyond hungry and blow your diet by pigging out. On the Slim-Fast 321 plan I’m supposed to eat every 2-3 hours. So I set my cell phone alarm to go off to remind me it’s time for a snack or a meal!
These are just some of the things that have helped me stay on track over the last four weeks. Have I blown it here and there along the way? Yes! But I’m happy to report that it’s been very minimal and when I have blown it, I’ve picked myself up and gotten back on the plan as quickly as possible.
By the way, did you know that Slim-Fast is having a contest right now for someone to win $10,000 and a makeover with celebrity stylist Jacqui Stafford?
AND you can also win a Red Carpet Getaway with Slim-Fast and Live with Kelly!
Uh, GO ENTER THOSE!
Slim-Fast wants you to have your own WOW moment this year and reach your weight-loss goals! So they are giving away one $50 American Express gift card right here to an I’m a Lazy Mom reader!
This giveaway is open to anyone that can use an American Express gift card where you live! Enter using the Rafflecopter form below. You can do as little or as many as you like on the form, but each one you do is an entry to win!
Disclosure: This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Slim-Fast® Women of Wow Program. Visit www.facebook.com/slimfast to join the conversation.
Don’t miss the laziness! Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom via reader or email today!