Many of you may remember back in October when, for Pastor Appreciation Month, Lazy Dad, a Pastor, bought us a Keurig coffee brewer to show us just how much we appreciate ourselves.
Oh. Then go refresh your memory already.
For those of us that remember, let’s move on, shall we? The others can catch up.
So. We have a Keurig and we appreciate ourselves. Isn’t that nice?
But low and behold, I somehow get connected to the Tassimo people and they offered to send us a Tassimo T20 for me to review on this here snazzy, yet lazy, blog. Cha-ching!
THEN, they told me they’d be willing to send one of you’ns one as well! Double Cha-ching!
So. I thought I’d do a little break down between the Keurig and the Tassimo for you.
I don’t know if you noticed in my post about how much we appreciate ourselves, but I originally asked for a Tassimo instead of a Keurig. Mainly because I knew that the Tassimo is made by Bosch. And I knew that Bosch makes great quality items.
Anyhoo, after testing out the Tassimo and having tested out the Keurig, here is my honest opinion.
You ready for it?
Really ready for it?
Okay, here it is.
There are some features I like better on the Tassimo AND then there are some features I like better on the Keurig.
Mind boggling, isn’t it?
But seeing that that is the case I thought I’d make a little chart for you all to show you what I like or dislike about them both.
Let’s start with the Keurig:
Things I like:
- Three coffee cup levels to choose from. You just touch a button for small, medium or large.
- It’s taller. My coffee cups all fit on the stand, or I can remove the stand if I want a travel mug.
- The k-cups are cheaper and you can even buy a k-cup thing-ma-jigger that will hold your own coffee.
- You can program it to turn on in the morning. Lazy Dad particularly likes this feature.
- It takes longer to heat the water than the Tassimo does.
- The water tank on the side of the machine is awkward to handle.
- You have to fill the water tank more than the Tassimo. It doesn’t let you use up all the water and then ask you to fill it.
- It’s big and takes up more counter space.
Now. Here’s the things I like and don’t like about the Tassimo:
- It’s smaller and takes up less counter space.
- The water tank is super easy to handle and fits on the back (not the side) of the machine easily.
- It uses up almost all of the water before it asks you to refill it.
- It heats the water faster than the Keurig.
- Even though it doesn’t have three coffee cup sizes you can select, you simply push a button to add more to your cup till it’s filled to the height you prefer.
- It’s louder. I thought the Keurig was loud until I used the Tassimo!
- It’s little size is nice, and it has an adjustable cup stand for your cup, but it may be a hair too small in my opinion.
- You can’t program it to turn on in the morning.
- The coffee pods cost more than the Keurig (but not by a whole lot).
To enter: Simply answer the following question in the comments area below this post….
How badly do you want to win this cool coffee brewer?
U.S. residents can answer that question below and be entered to win!
Now for some EXTRA entries you can do the following, but these are totally optional and not necessary to win. (Please leave a separate comment for each thing you do or already do. Make sure they are separate comments because each comment is your entry!)
- Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom in a reader OR Follow I’m a Lazy Mom on Google Friend Connect (over there on the side bar) OR Email Subscribe to I’m a Lazy Mom (you’ll get our posts delivered to your email inbox)
- Follow I’m a Lazy Mom on Twitter
- Follow I’m a Lazy Mom on Facebook
- Follow Tassimo on Twitter
- Follow Tassimo on Facebook
- Tweet about this giveaway using the following: Win a Tassimo T20 Coffee Brewer from The Lazy Mom! Check it out! http://tiny.cc/6gooc @imalazymom @tassimotaster
- Post on facebook about this giveaway by using the following: Win a Tassimo T20 Coffee Brewer from The Lazy Mom! Check it out! http://tiny.cc/6gooc
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and ends on January 30th at 11:59pm (EST). The winner will be chosen using random.org and will have 48 hours to respond.
Thank you to Tassimo for sponsoring this giveaway. I was given a Tassimo brewer in exchange for my honest review. This is my honest review and don’t you be saying it’s not, capeesh?